Thursday, July 21, 2016

What's in a Name? More than you might realize....


What's in a name? Have you ever noticed what the 'official' name of some of my ornaments are? (it is listed on the tag if you still have that attached). Some of my things have basic names...Cow Ornament, Horsey Ornament, Mermaid Ornament...etc...But some others have more interesting names....I will share the stories of how I came up with some of the names...and if I have met you at a show, you may already know some of these stories...

The first one I am going to feature is the original 'Pig" ornament...(shown below). The 'Pig' ornaments were one of the very first 3-D (aka stuffed and not flat) ornaments I made back in 2006. The official name is 'Becca's Piggie Ornament', named for my friend's daughter Becca who was born in 2005 and LOVED piggies practically from the day she was born! (And she still loves piggies!) Becca has one of the first ones I ever made and also a few piglets too!!

Becca's Piggie Ornament



No comments: