Monday, July 25, 2016

What's in a Name? Old McOinker and Ham McOinker

What's in name? Old McOinker and his brother Ham!! The McOinker family came on the scene in 2012...While setting up my booth at the Indiana Artisan show, I noticed that my farm scene was lacking a legit farmer...so I came home and whipped up a farmer pig...Complete with (felted) straw hat and overalls!! I made 3 and took them along and sold them all!! So thinking about Old McOinker's farm....he needed a hired hand...so I made him one, who happened to be his brother - Ham McOinker! Ham has red suspenders and a JD Green hat!! Old McOinker is married to Sowly McOinker....she isn't the typical farmer's wife...she wears a purple dress and pearls to milk the cows!! She has yet to make her show debut....hopefully that will be soon....


Old McOinker Ornaments

Ham McOinker Ornaments


No comments: